How to make a Coffee Americano in 5 easy steps | The Tenshi Coffee
Coffee Americano, originally from Italy, is modified by American soldiers for easier drinking. Later this drink is popular throughout the world. In the following article, we will tell you what Americano coffee is? Origin of caffè Americano and how to make this kind of coffee?
What is Americano coffee?Cafe Americano, also known as Caffè Americano, Café Américano, American Coffee, is a kind of coffee drink and is considered a traditional American drink. Originally, the favorite type of coffee in the west was Espresso – a concentrated type of Italian coffee. Espresso is made by compressing ground coffee beans with hot water. Thanks to this way, the juice squeezed out is an extremely concentrated essence. Americano is a line of coffee from Espresso coffee mixed with a certain percentage of water. Although Espresso brings a pure coffee smell, but sometimes too strong makes people drink coffee dizziness or distraction in a short time. Besides, this type of coffee has a bitter taste that not everyone can enjoy. In order to make it suitable for coffee lovers, during the first and second World War, when stationed in Italy, American soldiers added boiling water to Espresso to make coffee easier for everyone to drink.
Historical originAs a way of marking the origins, this soothing variation of Espresso is named Americano. With this method, coffee becomes an indispensable drink in military equipment. It is used as a beverage or energy after hours of exhausting exercise.
- Americano coffee origin
ServingTypically, Americano is usually served when guests order a brew-coffee sized drink at an espresso bar. When making Americano, the raw material used is pure coffee. This coffee is ground into powder to make concentrated Espresso. Therefore, to ensure a proper cup of Americano coffee, bartenders need to mix it in the right ratio of 1: 1 Espresso with water. Excessive dilution should take away the flavor of Americano caffè.
Forms of Americano cafe
- Iced Americano is made by combining Espresso with cold water instead of hot water.
- Lungo is created by extracting Espresso coffee for a longer time. However, this also creates a bitter taste.
- Caffè Crema is also made by extracting an Espresso shot that is significantly longer than Lungo.
- Red Eye brews in drip instead of hot water, and can be called a dark method.
How to make delicious Americano coffee
Preparing materialsTo make a standard American coffee cup, you need to prepare some of the following ingredients:
- Coffee machine: It is an indispensable item because even if you choose good coffee beans, you will not be able to make an Americano coffee even if you choose Vietnamese coffee filters.
- Coffee beans: Robusta or Arabica. These are the two most popular and popular coffee beans in the world to produce strong coffee cups. The difference between the two nuts is that Robusta is stronger, contains more caffeine. Arabica, on the other hand, is tastier but contains more aroma (aroma).
- Purified Water: An integral part of Americano coffee is actually adding more water.
- White sugar: Can choose diet sugar or not because they less change the taste of coffee.
- Cup for coffee: Encourage choosing a glass with straps (a type of teacup). This glass is easier to hold when you want to drink hot American coffee.
Ingredients for making coffee
- You need to choose pure coffee to get a delicious Americano coffee cup.
The Making of Americano coffee
- Step 1: To begin, boil a pot of boiling water. You can use the pot, but wash and wipe thoroughly because no one wants their Americano glass to smell like food. The amount of water about 1 liter is just enough to fill the coffee presses and create steam for the coffee cup.
- Step 2: Grind the coffee beans into a fine powder before putting them in the Espresso machine.
- Step 4: Put the cup of coffee under the porter filter and then open the switch on the machine to enable the water to heat up. At this time, the hot water in the machine will flow down the coffee powder is being pressed under high pressure to create coffee. When the cup is about half full, stop, and now you have an Espresso in your hand.
- Step 6: Create an Americano coffee from Espresso by adding 30 to 70ml of boiling water to an Espresso glass. The addition of boiling water depends on the thickness of the American cup you want.