What is Organic Coffee:The Pros & Cons
In recent years, organic is considered a “key word” that people are interested in food and coffee is no exception. So what is organic coffee? Is organic coffee safe and good? Along Epicure learn through the article below!
What is Organic CoffeeOrganic coffee is a 100% high-quality coffee product that is natural coffee bean. Organic coffee is produced by the method of farming towards organic agriculture. Organic agriculture brings coffee trees to the nature in a comprehensive way. Organic coffee requires strict planting techniques. Organic coffee trees must be grown:
- on a clean land
- no poison
- cultivation process without pesticides …
Quality standards for organic coffeeOrganic coffee is the first choice of developed countries, because organic coffee is considered to be tasteful, free of harmful chemicals and safe for health. Quality standards of organic coffee:
- Contains no impurities
- No residual toxic chemicals
- Do not use chemicals to create colors, smell
- Do not use foaming agents, creating a bitter, sour taste
- Does not contain preservatives
Organic farmingWhat is organic farming? In the world, many countries have implemented organic farming methods. For a purely agricultural country like Vietnam, organic agriculture is the indispensable development. Organic farming is to create a good environment for plants to grow naturally. There is no interaction of any chemical factors.
- Land and water are two important factors. Organic coffee must be strictly controlled, ensuring safe and clean. The use of fertilizers and pesticides from natural herbs is always a priority.
- Maintain favorable natural conditions – natural enemies to eliminate pests that are harmful to plants.
- The environment for plants to grow and develop must be completely clean, isolated from residential areas, industrial parks and dust and smoke contaminated areas.
Clean roasting processThe process of organic coffee roasting is similar to that of ordinary coffee, however, absolutely do not use any other additives, raw materials or flavoring agents. Organic coffee must be roasted, ground, and completely separate processes from other types of coffee.
- Clean Roaster
- Clean preparation
Safe preservation, no preservativesOrganic coffee must be preserved in a safe and tight manner, ensuring that there are no changes in quality, smell and taste. People often preserve organic coffee with bags made from environmentally friendly agricultural products or packaging with a check valve. On how to preserve organic coffee to ensure safety, avoid changes in the process of product storage. Accordingly, on the market today, there are many units providing smart packaging products to overcome the limitations of plastic and nylon packaging.
- Using package made from:
- Readily biodegradable
- Environmental friendliness
- Does not contain chemicals